Monday, June 04, 2012

How to care for Introverts


I am an introvert. Or so I believe I am.


I like being alone. 
I like shopping alone.
I like going to cinemas and watching movies alone.
I like staying at home. No, I love that.
I like singing when I'm alone. 
I like traveling alone.
I like working by myself. Just tell me what to do.
I like observing people and things.
I love walking alone and thinking things through.

I don't like people telling me what to do with my life.
I might not know yet, but I know I will.
I don't like being pushed to meet a person.
I don't like people forcing their ideas on me.
I respect your ideas so respect mine too.
I don't like people demanding too much when the time's not enough.
I'm not a "group-person". I prefer being with my close friends.

I see things on my own.
I love to see things on my own so don't expect me to like yours.
I love traveling and meeting new people in a different place.
I love reading books and writing stories inside a coffee shop.
I love to savor the aroma of tranquility.
I love listening to silence with a bit of music.

So don't push me.
I love the people around me.
I care about the world, maybe more than you do.
So, don't push me to pretend to like what you like.
This world is beautiful.
Just let me be me.




“Or at school you may have been prodded to "come out of your shell"- that noxious expression that fails to appreciate that some animals naturally carry shelter wherever they go, and that some humans are just the same.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment